Monday, February 11, 2013

John Deere-like cookies and cupcakes

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and fondant tractor toppers
I used Wilton fondant. The green, yellow and white are as they came in the package, I added Americolor Super Black gel food coloring to fondant to make it black. I did the original image on the computer, printed it out, cut it out and then used it as a template for the tractor - all in green. The I cut out yellow and black circles for the tires, additional green pieces for the fenders and white windows. This was my first time making fondant toppers - I'm so happy that they were a success.

Vanilla sugar cookies with royal icing
I had no idea that John Deere was so popular with little boys! I have had two 3 year old boys to do cookies for in the last 4 months. Apparently they really love JD.

No comments:

Post a Comment